The Moulton XTB brings full-suspension comfort to all kinds of terrain paths, trails, tracks and gravel roads. Proven and durable Moulton suspension helps to stick your tyres to the ground for efficiency and safety, as well as absorbing shocks from bumps and dips in the trail. Easily adjusted to suit most riders, the Moulton XTB packs down quickly for hassle-free transport to the trailhead by car or by train.
• Moulton space-frame design, fillet-brazed construction in Columbus Spirit, Kaisei NiCrMo and Reynolds steels. Stainlesssteel
• Uprated Moulton leading-link front suspension, unicrown fork.
• Generous tyre clearances and increased bottom bracket height
• Easily and quickly separable into two parts, with kingpin stowage.
• SRAM Rival1 with 42 tooth X-sync crankset.
• Custom 9-36 tooth rear sprocket set.
• 23” - 93” gear range.
• Front pannier carrier, rear platform carrier and rear day bag carrier available as options.
• Available in flat bar or drop bar configurations.
• Weight 11.5 kg / 25 lb.
The Moulton XTB is a modern interpretation of one of Alex Moulton’s more esoteric - yet pivotal - designs, the AM-ATB. Acknowledged as the world’s first full-suspension mountain bike to enter series production, the AM-ATB brought great advances in comfort and traction to off-road bicycles. Produced only from 1988 to 1991, the significance of of the AM-ATB is matched by its rarity and original examples are highly prized. 2018 marks thirty years since the launch of the AM-ATB and it is with reverence to Alex Moulton’s ground-breaking design that the Moulton Bicycles team have developed the Moulton XTB to bring small wheels back to the trail.